UPDATE: I would like to add this link to Bill Moyers’ show about the resurrection of Ralph Reed, former leader of the Christian Coalition, and his crooked path of blending big money, religion and politics. These are the kind of crooked people we are really up against, not your conservative neighbor who has been duped into working so hard, and resenting the poor, as lazy, believing the myth that the wealth will trickle down if they just work hard enough.
As for this clip from “The Newsroom,” yes, it’s fiction, but now that I’ve seen it I’d say that this is a show that I’d like to watch. I am not sure if the statistics quoted are correct, but they are worth looking up, because 86 is actually more than I had heard of being reported. I’ll double check that, but hey, the quotes and commentary. . . worth considering.
In addition, here is a little nonfiction on the topic, some proof from the Pennsylvania House Majority Leader about why voter ID laws were enacted in Pennsylvania, to “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania:” in his own words, with some very brief commentary by Sam Seder. What more do I need to say? The head of Pennsylvania’s House Republicans has already confessed it.
- Maryland Congressman Steny Hoyer Floor Speech: “Voter Supression Undermines Our Democracy” – 7/23/12 (uneditedpolitics.com)
- .000000284% (pittsburgh.metblogs.com)
- “Strict unforgiving burden on the poor” Federal Court Rejects Texas Voter ID Law (oldschool945.com)
- Republicans Boast About Voter Suppression in Tampa, but the Ground Is Shifting (thenation.com)
- Voter Supression; What they did in FLA back during Gore/Bush, is being enacted into law today….Unless You stop it! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Voter supression is the real fraud (bostonherald.com)