The clock is ticking. . . I really need to put together my “set-list.” From what mark said we only have 45 minutes or so to wow the crowd. If my math is right, with three of us, that equals almost 15 minutes each (please tell me you don’t take what I say literally), so I want to be very sure what I am reading and in what order. Last readings at Faustina’s Gallery and Priestly Chapel were more shoot from the hip. This, well, I’m going for calculated excellence. ;-)
- River Fest Poetry, and a Reading, “For My Father” (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Ends and Odds with Snow White and the Spokenverse (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Sunbury’s $11 million riverfront project ready for Aug. 16 opening (dailyitem.com)
- Bucknell Research Leads to New Historic Designation for Susquehanna River (prweb.com)
- Dam Repairs Shorten 2012 Boating Season at Shikellamy State Park (prnewswire.com)
Excitement builds as we near the morning of poetry at the Sunbury Poetry Fest! I hope all that read this will join us.
Some interesting tidbits– Aug. 14th, at the crack of dawn Dave Bauman, myself and Marjorie Maddox wll join hosts Mark Lawrence and Mark Giesen for a wonderful interview on WKOK at 845am in the morning. We are looking forward to the opportunity to share poetry and our love of the arts. Still waiting on news of the Tom Morgan show. Hoping that pans out.
Have a great day everyone!
— Melanie Simms